1. Create a new class. You will be able to add content and students to this class later.
b. Copy an existing class (if it’s not your first time).
2. Add content to your class. Choose from an item bank and customize your selection by changing the order, hiding elements, or renaming subjects.
3. Add (weekly) tests or assignments. You can use these to give your students homework they will have to finish before a certain date. You can choose to use assignments, tests, or both!
An assignment allows you to place a deadline on the practice material. This includes every exercise we have on a certain subject. This is similar to a traditional homework assignment.
A test allows you to make a smaller selection of exercises on which you can place a deadline. This is similar to a traditional exam.
4. Consider if you want to use a forum. A forum is a great way to encourage peer-to-peer learning. If you’re using the forum, make sure to change your email preferences to receive notifications on new forum activities.
5. Consider if you want to subdivide your students into groups. You’ll be able to filter results on groups, or set test/assignment settings per group.
6. Consider if you want to use an LTI-integration so students can log in via their LSM.